Yesterday we went and picked out a few Pumpkins at the Kula Strawberry farm. The girls had a great time. We're definately feeling the Halloween spirit!
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details. So here are 15 things on my bucket list, in no particular order: 1. Visit all the major National Parks 2. Visit all 50 states. {Drive-throughs and layovers don't count!} 3. Go to Family Camp at Cheley with my kids 4. Read every worthy classic novel I can get my hands on 5. Go on a mission trip with World Vision 6. See the World Cup live {probably not in 2014!} 7. Take an RV road trip 8. See the Aurora Borealis 9. Document our genealogy. Functionally. And Beautifully. 10. Run a 5K 11. Sell what I make 12. Sleep ...
A couple of Christmases ago my dad sent Chloe the first season of "Little House on the Prairie" on DVD. After watching them ALL and moving onto the books, Chloe is a certified Little House fan. {she may or may not have gotten that from me} So when she asked for a Little House birthday party this year I may have: squealed made a dedicated pinterest board to her party and generally went overboard. {yep, definitely got it from me} Each guest got a hand made bonnet and apron to keep ready to welcome people on the front porch Guests also chose candy for their prize bags Lunch included fried chicken, biscuits, watermelon, and lemonade we ate picnic-style then we moved on to games Stick Pull Musical Chairs, played to fiddle music Potato Sack Race Hula Hooping Three Legged Race Poor Doggie we also did some coloring sheets and made bookmarks I ...
A couple nights ago we roasted marshmallows, a sort of "farewell to summer". The kids had a great time and Chloe has been requesting s'mores ever couple hours since. And today, it was back to school. Bailey completed her summer journal, a wonderful compilation of her summer events, to be turned in. She looked so cute in her new uniform with her matching bows (Which came out midway thru school when they did uku checks. Oh well.) I wasn't so sure about that pink skirt but hey, I'm not the one wearing it so I didn't say a word. Good thing because we got to school and two other girls had almost the exact skirt on. I guess I don't know first grade fashion. (At least I know enough not to say anything!)
Comments