Home Again
Ahhh, my own bed!
I had no idea you could limit out on the number of pictures in a slideshow. Apparently I have no filter for choosing pictures and will torture you with more (hey, I did pretty good considering we took over 700 pictures).
We had tons of fun on our bear viewing. Last time we went we fished reds at the mouth of the river and stopped when the bears were around. This time we went for silvers first (they weren't in yet last time) and went to bear view afterward. We had an awesome guide, Rusty, who had us at our silver limit in 45 min so we got to go watch bears pretty early. We were the only boat there for almost an hour-it was great. There were two juvinilles there that were probably the baby bears we saw on our last trip. We saw about 15 bears total. Rusty cooked us up one of the silvers for lunch-yum. Then we boarded our float plane to head home. On the way we made a detour over a glacier. It was a perfect day, the highlight of our trip, and I would go again tomorrow if I could!
We had lots of fun in Alaska. We had pretty much done everything before so it was more about visiting with family more than anything else. The girls were wonderful little travelers. They did fabulous on the two five hour flights it took to get there and were such troopers as we drug them around the wilds of Alaska. They especially liked seeing Auntie Stephanie, Uncle Travis and cousin Maile. Bailey loved being the big girl and helping with all the babies.
We did get to see more bear than we had on other trips although we saw a lot less moose (which is fine-bear are a lot more exciting in my book). We even had a few bears visit us at the cabin.
I had no idea you could limit out on the number of pictures in a slideshow. Apparently I have no filter for choosing pictures and will torture you with more (hey, I did pretty good considering we took over 700 pictures).
We had tons of fun on our bear viewing. Last time we went we fished reds at the mouth of the river and stopped when the bears were around. This time we went for silvers first (they weren't in yet last time) and went to bear view afterward. We had an awesome guide, Rusty, who had us at our silver limit in 45 min so we got to go watch bears pretty early. We were the only boat there for almost an hour-it was great. There were two juvinilles there that were probably the baby bears we saw on our last trip. We saw about 15 bears total. Rusty cooked us up one of the silvers for lunch-yum. Then we boarded our float plane to head home. On the way we made a detour over a glacier. It was a perfect day, the highlight of our trip, and I would go again tomorrow if I could!
Comments