Playing catch up

Here's some of what we've been up to since we returned from vacation this summer:

Our apple tree gave us tons of apples.
I was going to make apple butter with it.
But I don't eat apple butter.
So I made pie.





They freeze beautifully
{if you remind your husband that the sugary syrup does not freeze
and that storing them sideways doesn't really work}
There's only one left and it's very slim that it will make it through the month.





We went on our annual camping trip to Polipoli:







best of the summer:







Bailey went to Girl Scout Day Camp
{put on by Jessica Haylor (our flower girl) 's troop.
Bailey's standing on the left in a blue shirt,
Jessica's above her left shoulder.}




Chloe playing dress up




Our Brownie troop used some of our Cookie Money for a night at the Grand Wailea
Reading in bed:
{yes, they all wanted to sleep on the same bed}



Kayla



The girls in the pool:




Bailey on her first day of School




Bailey is enjoying her new school very much.
She had lots of friends there already and has made many more.
{She also gets to go swimming, have art on a regular basis, and take ukulele lessons-
which sells it for her!}




Bailey Celebrated her 8th birthday with a soccer party.





Here we are at Bailey's open house last month:
(yes, she had to wear her uniform to open house.)
They served us spaghetti dinner with fresh bread.
The school has it's own baker.

I want my own baker.

{I'd settle for that bread everyday}


Chloe, Bailey and Nanea in the music room.




Bailey, Nanea, and Kalia in the computer room





Brynn, Sofia, Nanea, and Bailey in their classroom.
{three of these girls have fathers who are firefighters-
we were joking it's the new admission policy}
I think my favorite thing about Bailey going to Kamehameha is
that she will be with these girls through high school.
{that and uniforms.  I LOVE uniforms.}





Bailey also had her bridging ceremony last month (for Girl Scouts)
We said goodbye to a few of our girls who became Juniors
and welcomed a few girls to Brownies from the Daisy troop

Bailey and Emma


Kaitlyn, Bailey, Kayla, Sarah, and Savilla

yes, that's my bike in the back ground.
yes, we had it in the garage.
There was a chocolate fountain and 12 girls, where else was I going to have it?!



Chloe plays checkers.
{with Chloe rules which means she gets to double jump on every turn}





Ahh, the start of soccer season:



Chloe did some garden exploring:








Bailey put together a dinner based on the
 American Girl Doll Samantha and her cookbook.
She even planned which dishes to use in advance.
{That's my girl!}


Here is Chloe reading  her If You Give A Mouse a Cookie book
to who else but mouse.




Brad and Brian spend at least half of the soccer games in the same positions.



The kids were very quiet one night-we were a bit worried what they were up to.
We found this:




Kamehameha had a third grade social Movie Night.
We went to one of the family farms and were served hot dogs and nachos
popcorn with arare, and candy
while we watched Rio.

Malie, Brynn, Kayla, Brad, and Bailey

Bailey and Chloe watching the movie


Bailey on her way home from Hula.


Each month at school 2 children from each class are awarded for different virtues.
Bailey got an award this month for Imi Na'auao,
which means someone who seeks knowledge, is ambitious to learn.
Parents are invited to a special lunch with their Keiki to celebrate the award.

Bailey with the other 3rd grade awardees



I went with Chloe on a field trip to Haiku Park.
They played on the playground
{which I was very busy supervising and got no photos of}
and then the clouds moved in.
{see the grey above Chloe}


We got rained out.
Nana was here and having a special day with Bailey
and knowing that I would get scolded for bringing the preschooler home early
I took her out for lunch a Polli's

Photos by Chloe:





The End.
For Now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bucket List

Chloe's Birthday

Back to School